Reporting an Injury
- Ensure that the employee gets first aid or professional medical care as needed.
- Contact the appropriate administrative office as described below.
- UC ANR Employees at all locations other than Oakland - Injuries must be reported to the Staff Personnel Unit (including Academic personnel) within 24 hours of knowledge of the occurrence. Use the UC Davis Employer's Report of Occupational Injury or Illness form to report injuries and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: (530) 756-1180. Also copy the report to the Executive Director (email@example.com) and the Human Resources Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ANR Employees based at UCOP in Oakland – Injuries are reported to UCOP Human Resources. For detailed instructions: Click Here
- If directed by the Workers' Compensation office, provide the employee with an Employee’s Claim Form (DWC 1 Rev. 1/94). Follow Workers' Compensation office instructions for completing and returning the Employee Claim Form.
- Submit all required forms to the Staff Personnel Unit, UC Davis Workers’ Compensation (or UCOP Workers’ Compensation office), and maintain a copy for the employee file.
To report SERIOUS work-related injuries or illnesses – see Safety Note # 76.
To report incidents other than work-related injuries - such as theft, property damage, injuries to non-employees, or auto accidents of any nature, see the ANR Risk Services Incident Report form at:http://ucanr.org/incidentreport
If you have any questions about reporting an injury, please send a message to ask EH&S or call Brian Oatman at (530) 750-1264.